Irish Whiskey Cake: Two Great Tastes. One Great Irish Expression!
When we first tried Irish whiskey cake we were doubtful.
Would the flavors 'work' together? Could you taste the whiskey? After trying it, we knew the answers were 'yes' and 'yes!'
Since then it has become one of our favorite ways to express our
Irish side at almost any occasion, with or without an Irish theme.
Let's have a look at a couple variations of this delicious dessert.
Irish Whiskey Cake: Ingredients
- Your favorite brand of Irish whiskey
Irish Whiskey Cake: Preparation
- The first thing to do is get the oven
pre heated to 345 degrees.
- Next get a small bowl and mix the raisins,
2/3 a cup of whiskey and the lemon and orange zest's respectively. Let
this soak for a half hour.
- Take another bowl and sift the flour
and the baking soda together. Pour the salt in and mix again. Once both
are mixed together properly, combine the contents of the bowls together
- When you are satisfied with the combination of the two, pour
them into a round pan and let it bake for an hour and fifteen minutes.
- Once the cake is finished you’ll want to pour two tbsp. of whiskey over
the cake for the traditional taste and let it sit.
- Once the cake is cool
you are ready to serve.
Yellow Cake Alternative: Ingredients
- 1 package of yellow cake.
- 8 oz. of instant vanilla pudding mixture.
- 4 eggs (alternatively egg beaters)
Yellow Cake Alternative: Preparation
- Preheat your oven to 340 degrees.
- Combine the cake mix and pudding mix together. Stir them up until
they are consistent and then add in the milk, whiskey, oil, eggs and
then mix again until consistent.
- Once you are satisfied with the way
they're mixed together you can add in nuts and raisins as you wish.
the batter into a pan and let the cake
bake for around an hour and a half.
- You can then pour some whiskey on
top of the cake or add a syrup of granulated sugar, margarine and whiskey.
Delicious! Where Can I Find More?
One of the easiest and most enjoyable ways to live your Irish side is to serve Irish food. And guess what?
We have many, many more Irish recipes for you to explore in our section on Irish food recipes! If you would like to focus on Irish desserts, visit our main section on dessert recipes here!
If you enjoyed our Irish Whiskey Cake recipe, please take a moment to share your feedback about it, or any other part of our
site, using our contact form here.
In the meantime, thank you so much
Now, choose another topic to continue your exploration of Irish culture and traditions, and to share your Irish side with your growing community of friends at Irish Expressions.com!
PLEASE SHARE US WITH YOUR FRIENDS
YOU CAN FIND US ANYTIME ON ...