Irish Cream Bundt Cake: Yet Another Classic Dessert with an Unmistakable Irish Twist!
Our next Irish dessert recipe, Irish cream bundt cake, qualifies as an Irish expression due to its secret (ok maybe not so secret) ingredient... Wait for it... Irish cream!
True Irish cream is made with cream, sugar and typically Irish whiskey.
This type of whiskey is very much a part of the recent history of
Ireland and therefore, any recipes including Irish cream instantly
become Irish expressions.
Plus they usually taste terrific!
you enjoy the flavor of Bailey's Irish Cream, as much as we do, you
will absolutely love this dessert. Interested in seeing the recipe?
Here it is!
And if you would like more delicious Irish dessert recipes, you can always visit our main page on Irish desserts here...
Meanwhile, please enjoy our favorite Irish cream bundt cake recipe!
Irish Cream Bundt Cake: Ingredients
Here are the ingredients for the cake:
- 1 box of yellow cake mix (18.25-ounce size)
- 1 cup of coarsely chopped cobnuts (these are a cultivated type of hazelnuts) or other nuts, but cobnuts actually are grown in Ireland
- 1 small package of vanilla pudding
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup of water
- 3/4 cup of Bailey's Irish Cream or another brand of Irish cream (you could mix up your own, if you so choose)
And for the glaze...
- 1/4 cup of Bailey's Irish Cream or other type or brand, as explained earlier
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of butter
Irish Cream Bundt Cake: Preparation
Here are the directions for the cake:
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F, which 165 degrees C. Prepare your 10-inch Bundt pan, by greasing and flouring it.
- Place the nuts evenly around the pan's bottom.
- Combine the pudding mix and cake mix in a large mixing bowl. On low setting, mix the water, eggs, f Bailey's Irish Cream, and oil until all dry ingredients are moistened. Turn up the setting to high and beat the mixture for 5 minutes. Pour mixture into prepared Bundt pan over the nuts.
- Place in your preheated oven and bake for about 60 minutes or until done.
- Check with toothpick to see if it comes out clean to tell if cake is completely cooked. The cake will need to cool for 10 minutes, while in the pan, before you can invert it onto a plate.
- With a skewer, poke holes into the cake.
- Brush or lightly pour the glaze (directions are below) on the top and sides of the Bundt cake. You can repeat this process, once the glaze soaks in, if you want more on the cake.
And for the glaze:
Combine water, sugar, and butter in a saucepan and bring up to a boil. Let it boil for 5 minutes, while constantly stirring. Remove the mixture from the heat and add the Bailey's Irish Cream.
Irish Cream Bundt Cake: Options and Tips
How and where can you serve Irish cream bundt cake? Well the easy answer is St Patrick's Day... You might also try it on an Irish themed birthday, Christmas or Easter party - or for no special reason whatsoever!
For tasty variations, try these options:
- serve with strawberries or other berries.
- add the nuts into the cake batter and glaze, instead of just having them on top of the cake.
- replace the yellow cake mix with any flavor of cake mix that you feel goes well with Bailey's Irish Cream. I did use a chocolate cake mix a couple of times for a tasty variation.
Hungry for More Irish Recipes?
Sharing Irish food is one of our favorite ways to enjoy an Irish experience, wherever in the world we happen to be!
The flavors of an Irish meal, and the stories that come along with many Irish recipes, gives us a sense of connection with the Emerald Isle.
If you would like to receive a free copy of our e-book on favorite Irish recipes, scroll down and enter your email address. You can have recipes for our favorite Irish foods in your inbox in just minutes!
Delicious! Where Can I Find More?
At Irish Expressions, our our goal is simple: to provide you with a unique Irish experience, on demand, wherever you are in the world.
If you have enjoyed our section on Irish Food Recipes, you have probably been exposed to many of the most delicious flavors that Ireland has to offer!
Will that entice you to visit Ireland - or to return if you have already been?
We hope so!
But even if that is not possible, you can still enjoy the magic of Ireland in these pages. Check out the links at the top of the page for simple instructions on how to explore Irish landmarks, enjoy Irish food, practice Irish customs, and much more!
You can also visit us on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest to see amazing pictures and interact with amazing people who share a love of Ireland.
We would love to hear from you - please send us a note here and let us know how we are doing.
Until then - thanks for visiting our Irish cream bundt cake recipe! Please continue exploring your Irish side at Irish-Expressions.com.
Want to Feel More Connected to Ireland? Here's How!
At Irish Expressions we believe everybody – well almost
everybody! - has an "Irish side." So how
nice would it be to have access to a fun, free Irish experience, on demand, wherever in the world you happen to be?
Over the years we have compiled many free, downloadable resources including lyrics, recipes, games, jokes, blessings and much, much more.
Would you like to receive them ALL for FREE? Simply share your email for instant access!
ENJOYING IRISH EXPRESSIONS? PLEASE CLICK BELOW AND SHARE!