We often use Irish food sayings to add fun and humor to Irish dinner parties and other Irish-themed occasions.
For example, we once added this quote to an Irish cocktail party invitation, to convince our guests that Irish Coffee is actually good for you!
1. "Only Irish Coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, sugar, caffeine and fat." - Alex Levine
And below we will offer nine more Irish sayings involving food.
Add them to party invitations, custom napkins and tableware, or simply share them with your guests to spice up your Irish dinner party!
And if you want to know more about Irish sayings in general, pay a visit to our main Irish sayings page here!
Meanwhile, please enjoy our favorite Irish food sayings!
2. "Laughter is brightest where food is best." - Irish Proverb
3. "I'm Irish so I'm used to odd stews. I can take it. Just throw a lot of onions and carrots in there, and I'll call it dinner!" - Liam Neeson
4. "If you have to swallow a frog, try not to think about it. If you have to swallow two frogs, don't swallow the small one first." (Think about it! :-) - Irish Proverb
5. "What does an Irishman get after eating Italian food?" "Gaelilc breath!" (We're really sorry about that one :-).
6. "A cabin with plenty of food is better than a hungry castle!" - Irish Proverb
7. "Laughter is brightest where food is best." - Irish Proverb
8. "Ample food an sturdy drink, a pillow for your head. And may you be 40 years in heaven before the Devil knows your're dead!" - Irish Blessing
9. "Bless us with good food, the gift of gab and hearty laughter. May the love and joy we share, be with us ever after!" - Irish Kitchen Prayer
10. "A trout in the pot is better than a salmon in the sea!" - Irish Proverb
It is probably obvious - at Irish Expressions, we love Irish wit and wisdom! The age-old sayings of the Emerald Isle bring people together, making us laugh, love and sometimes shed a tear.
Learning Irish sayings gives us a deeper sense of connection with Ireland, wherever in the world we happen to be!
We have captured many of our favorite Irish sayings in an e-book called "77 Favorite Irish Sayings." In it you will find Irish proverbs, jokes, limericks, blessings, quotes and more!
This fun, free guide is available to you to download. Simply scroll to the bottom of the page and share your email address for instant access!
Clever spoken words are an essential part of Irish culture and heritage. Share them during special occasions, to celebrate Irish culture and express your personal Irish side!
For more information of this type, you may want to pay a visit to our main section on Irish Sayings here!
And you enjoyed this page in particular, please share your feedback, opinions and stories with your Irish Expressions community! You can do that by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter.
Meanwhile, thanks for visiting! Now let's click on another topic above and continue expressing your Irish side at Irish Expressions.com.
At Irish Expressions we believe everybody – well almost everybody! - has an "Irish side." So how nice would it be to have access to a fun, free Irish experience, on demand, wherever in the world you happen to be?
Over the years we have compiled many free, downloadable resources including lyrics, recipes, games, jokes, blessings and much, much more.
Would you like to receive them all for free? Simply share your email for instant access!
ENJOYING IRISH EXPRESSIONS? PLEASE SHARE!