We find our Irish ancestors to be extremely quotable! Irish love quotes are one of the best examples. Most Irish sayings and quotations are witty, while at the same time deeply meaningful, and – occasionally - side-splittingly funny!
Here we share some of our favorites love sayings, suitable for Irish Valentine’s day messages, Irish anniversary cards, Irish marriage proposals or any occasion calling for expressions of love and devotion.
And for more general information, you can visit our main section on Irish quotes here!
Meanwhile, please enjoy our top 10 Irish love quotes and sayings!
Many of us would not automatically associate love and romance with Ireland. Certain other European countries come to mind more often, don't they?
But we Irish folk have our own way of expressing love, reflecting the many ups and downs of our cherished culture and history.
Here are our top 10 love sayings from Ireland (in no particular order), ranging from the witty, to the sarcastic, to the deeply sentimental:
1. Love is like stirabout (porridge) – it must be made fresh every day.
2. There is no cure for love other than marriage.
3. Would you like to be buried with my people? (A rather unique way of proposing if you ask us!)
4. Love is an affliction that no herb can heal!
5. As the sun follows its course, may you follow me.
6. You are as light to the eye, bread to the hungry, and joy to the heart!
7. May your presence be with me, oh one that I love.
8. "Love is never defeated... and history of Ireland proves it."
- Pope John Paul II
9. Love him (or her) when they least deserve it, for that is when they most need it.
10. A day lasts until it is chased away, but love lasts to the end of time.
It is probably obvious - at Irish Expressions, we love Irish wit and wisdom! The age-old sayings of the Emerald Isle bring people together, making us laugh, love and sometimes shed a tear.
Learning Irish sayings gives us a deeper sense of connection with Ireland, wherever in the world we happen to be!
We have captured many of our favorite Irish sayings in an e-book called "77 Favorite Irish Sayings." In it you will find Irish proverbs, jokes, limericks, blessings, quotes and more!
This fun, free guide is available to you to download. Answer two quick questions below to get instant access!
Words of wisdom are an essential part of Irish culture and heritage. Share them during special occasions, to celebrate Irish culture and express your personal Irish side!
For more information of this type, you may want to pay a visit to our main section on Irish Sayings here!
Meanwhile, thanks for visiting! Now let's click on another topic above and continue expressing your Irish side at Irish Expressions.com.
PLEASE SHARE US WITH YOUR FRIENDS
YOU CAN FIND US ANYTIME ON ...